Fleas are one of the most annoying pests to deal with. They’re small, wingless, and flat. With claws on all 3 pairs of legs and is a reddish-brown color. They can be very hard to spot on many animals’ bodies because they move so fast.
While fleas are wingless they have powerful legs that allow them to jump as high as 8’’ vertically, which is over 150 times their own height. And while most fleas feed on pets, they can feed on humans too.
Whether inside your home or outside, they can be quite a nuisance. Once they’re mature they can mate and lay eggs which can fall off the host and into bedding, carpeting, blankets, and more. And when fleas bite, they leave behind an itchy, swollen, and unpleasant bite. They’re also a danger because they can transfer tapeworms and cause anemia in your pets.
If you’re concerned that you’ve got a flea infestation, look for the following signs. Your pet may be scratching, licking, or biting their fur excessively. You may even see fleas hoping on your drapery, carpets, or furniture. You may also notice dot-like insects in your pets fur.
While treating your pet may seem like the best course of action, it’s only a temporary solution. It’s estimated that 5 percent of an infestation is from adult fleas in your home. The other 95 percent are the eggs spreading around your home. This means to truly eradicate the problem, you’ll have to tackle the problem from all angles, treating your pet and their environment.
Fleas reproduce at an extremely high rate, making an infestation very difficult to control. In one single fleas lifetime, they can produce as many as 400 to 500 offspring. Making this a problem that grows exponentially the longer it gets left untreated. Despite the best efforts to treat it at home on your own, some infestations can be a trouble to deal with.
Some flea infestations call for a professional method of control. Action Pest Management Pest Specialist can help with Broken Arrow flea pest control. At Action Pest Management our staff is highly trained to treat your flea infestation from all angles with an aggressive approach.
Fleas are not only a nuisance, but they’re uncomfortable to deal with for the humans and the pets who are involved. They also have the potential to cause problems for the victims of their bite. They can transfer tapeworms and cause anemia.
Flea populations can be difficult to control due to their quick rate of reproduction. The best approach is to take an aggressive treatment option, treating your pet and their environment at the same time. This will ensure you not only kill any adults, but any eggs that may be lying around your house or yard as well.
Not only will controlling the flea pest in your house and yard help provide you and your family with a level of comfort, it also provides peace of mind to know you and your pets are safe. Take confidence in knowing that by controlling the flea pest infestation in your home, you’re protecting your loved ones and pets. Contact Action Pest Management today for help getting rid of your flea pest infestation.